For over 50 years, the Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada) has fostered excellence and integrity in the management consulting profession as a whole. CMC-Canada administers, and its provincial Institutes confer, the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation in Canada. The Association and its 2,600+ members advocate for the CMC designation and are dedicated to advancing the profession and delivering the benefits of those efforts to the client community. Be a part of our community today.
Complete an application form and become a member today!
- CMC Designation: Your membership in CMC-Canada allows you to apply for the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation, the profession's only international certification mark, recognized in more than 40 countries. Achieve the CMC and communicate to employers that you practice ‘a higher level of management consulting.’
- Ethical Code: You’re serious and committed to your profession and your own professionalism. Becoming a member of CMC-Canada demonstrates your commitment to a Uniform Code of Professional Conduct, your continued professional development, and a high standard of consulting expertise.
- Stay Current: CMC-Canada has your life-long learning needs in mind. We offer a variety of continuous learning opportunities throughout the year -- our complete line-up of regional and national professional development and networking programs includes: speaker events; information sessions; panel discussions; webinars; CMC courses; Special Interest Group meetings; conferences; and more!
- US Entry for Management Consultants: There are two categories under which CMC-Canada members may temporarily work in the U.S. in their professional capacities: Business Visitors or Professionals under NAFTA.
Join our Community
- Grow Your Professional Network: Membership in CMC-Canada connects you with the management consulting industry worldwide. Our members are proven professionals who work on amazing projects and are willing to share their experiences. Befriend people in your consulting areas and increase your network.
- Access Job Postings: CMC-Canada members can view and apply for job postings and RFPs from the public and private sector in our members-only Online Job Bank. You may post employment opportunities within your own firm.
- Get Exposure to Clients: As a CMC-Canada member, you have the option of publicly promoting your business through the cmc-canada.ca Member Directory. By listing your name and business, potential clients gain access to and learn more about your services. Many CMC-Canada members use the Directory to search for other members to collaborate on projects.
- Participate in the Management Advisory Service (MAS): Once you earn your CMC designation, consider participating in the MAS program administered by CMC-Canada in strategic collaboration with the National Research Council-Industrial Research Assistance Program (NRC-IRAP). Qualified CMCs are recommended to assist small and medium-sized businesses that need management consulting advice. This program is nation-wide and financially supported through NRC-IRAP.
- Get Involved: Your local Institute is where much of the real action takes place. Membership brings you into that fold and affords you many opportunities to participate in social and networking events as you and your peers work together to make your Institute a vital and important resource.
- Our Member Savings Programs provide an excellent return on your membership investment -- more than offsetting the cost of membership:
- Prolink: Home and Auto Insurance Program and Professional / General Liability Insurance
“I was surprised to learn that my Errors & Omissions insurance with Prolink is HALF of what an acquaintance of mine is paying for the same cover. I only paid just over a $1,000.” Lianti Muller CMC
CMC-Canada's exclusive Group Professional Liability program is a low cost solution for Errors and Omissions Insurance Coverage, providing the safety net you need. While coverage varies, assuming a basic policy costs $2000, joining CMC-Canada can save you the cost of your annual membership fees in insurance coverage. To learn more, visit our Affinity Partner page.
- Wise Riddell Financial Group: Insurance, Benefits, and Savings
Wise Riddell Financial Group has been a leader in providing insurance and investment solutions to professionals and business owners for over 30 years. Our goal is to provide CMC-Canada members with an exclusive line up of insurance and investment products with discounts as high as 50%. Also, we have established a network of professionals across the country to service your needs.
- Consult - A Publication by CMC-Canada: Consult is published four times a year online, with contributions from our members. More bite-sized content is published on the Consult website on an ongoing basis.
- Canadian Management Consulting Industry Reports: Our Canadian Management Consulting Industry Reports tracks trends and identifies the opportunities in the Canadian management consulting market. In short, they provide a comprehensive analysis of the management consulting profession in Canada.
- Management Consulting: An Introduction to the Methodologies, Tools and Techniques of the Profession: This publication sets out the fundamental standards of the profession in Canada. Truly professional management consultants share a common essential base of knowledge and skills, consistent definitions of common consulting terminology, and a common professional approach to and process for all clients. New members automatically receive a digital copy -- a $200 value.
- Special Interest Groups (SIGs): SIGs provide a forum for members with specific interests to develop programs and exchange information with their peers. Current SIGs: Energy and Climate, Business Process Improvement, Government, Healthcare, Human Resources, Strategy, and Technology.
- Flevy: Marketplace for consulting frameworks and tools. As a CMC-Canada member, you can distinguish yourself from other consultants by leveraging Flevy's library of consulting documents
- CMC-Canada is the voice of the management consulting profession and industry in Canada, and around the world, as our professional development and Certified Management Consultant designation is used widely.
- CMC-Canada heightens the profile and visibility of management consulting by representing the interests and concerns of our profession within the broader community. As a member, you have a voice in all of our advocacy initiatives, including policy papers and lobbying the Provincial / Federal Government on relevant issues (tax policy, procurement, and much more).
- Through the International Council of Management Consulting Institutes (ICMCI) (now CMC-Global) there is reciprocity across borders -- your Canadian 'CMC' is recognized in over 40 other countries.
Are you a young professional considering a career in management consulting? Already working in the field? What can CMC-Canada do for you? Find out more about our Young Professionals Program.