Each year, we strive to maximize the value of your membership, and bring you new opportunities to get involved with the association, network with your peers, and build your profile. Your membership with CMC-Canada demonstrates your commitment to the management consulting industry and to a strong national professional association dedicated to advocacy, education, and continued professional development.
Top 10 Reasons to Renew Your CMC-Canada Membership
1. Maintain your CMC Designation – Recognized, respected and accepted as the global credential for our profession, the CMC designation communicates professionalism and differentiates you from the competition. We’ve created a members-only page to help you better promote your designation.
2. Advocacy – CMC-Canada is the leading information and advocacy organization for management consulting in Canada. This includes our work with the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness and Supplier Advisory Committee (SAC), as well as the formation of a new association advocacy working group. We provide members with the latest insight on trends, regulatory changes, and opportunities in the management consulting industry.
3. Marketing –The National Board has committed to a significant investment in marketing to help raise awareness of the CMC Designation and the benefits of hiring a CMC.
4. Insurance Discounts –Through our now exclusive partner PROLINK, members have access to unparalleled rates for Professional, Home and Auto, Health and Dental insurance and much more.
5. Boost your Profile – Have you completed your CMC-Canada website profile and set your security access so potential clients can find you? This is cost-effective marketing of your services.
Also, let us know if you've been interviewed in a major news publication, or complete our Consultants who Love Consulting survey, so we can feature you in our online publication Consult. And check out our project profiles for the 2018 Canadian CMC Project of the Year program.
6. NRC-IRAP Management Advisory Services – One of CMC-Canada’s proud partnerships, this program links qualified CMCs with SMEs that need consulting support to move their company to the next level. As a CMC, you are eligible to apply to this rewarding program. Why not add your name to the roster?
7. Professional Development / Networking – We continue to offer PD that meets your needs, including the Strategic Change by Design Certificate. Your membership helps you expands your professional network, which will enable you to access resources, build your team and identify new opportunities. Consider volunteering with your local Institute / Chapter by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org. And we're always looking for new CMC sponsors – contact us if you're interested: email@example.com.
8. Content & Community – Gain access to exclusive management consulting content, online forums and network of successful management consultants. Contribute a new blog or article to our Consult publication (contact firstname.lastname@example.org).
9. New Competency Framework – This 2018 publication was undertaken to update the 1999 version, and to take into account the changes in the profession in the last 20 years. It sets a standard for those within the profession that is equally relevant for sole practitioners, niche players, and internal consultancies, as well as for the major consulting practices and firms.
10. ISO 20700 – CMC-Canada, working with its international partners, helped draft this standard for management consultancy services. ISO 20700 presents an opportunity to add some “stiffness to the spine” of the CMC designation and links Canadian CMCs into a global ethical guideline that can be marketed to prospective clients. Learn more.
And there's much more! Membership in CMC-Canada brings you real value, so please make you pay your 2019 fees promptly. Pay by December 31 and you'll be entered to win one of five $100 Amazon gift cards!
Click here to pay your fees online.
If you have any questions regarding your membership, please contact our office. 416-860-1515 x 212 or email@example.com.
We look forward to having you on board for another year and thank you for your continued support.
CMC-Canada National Office Staff
Michael Brennan, Jordan Sandler, Jamie Holmes, Emma Girduckis, Ron Graham