What documents do I need to submit as proof of having an undergraduate degree?

Official sealed transcripts from the degree granting institution should be forwarded directly from the academic institution to CMC-Canada.

What if my degree was earned from an Institution outside of Canada?

Any degree earned outside of Canada must be reviewed by a Foreign Credential Evaluations service. We recommend World Education Services (WES) wes.org/ca. Please contact them directly for more information.

How does CMC-Canada assess the three-year experience requirement and what documents will I need to support it?

The internationally recognized measurement of 'management consulting experience' is stated as 1200 hours for three years, including the last 12 months 'in the business of management consulting.' One of your sponsors will be required to sign a declaration attesting to your experience prior to you being admitted as a CMC. As further proof of consulting experience, candidates will submit summaries of management consulting assignments in which they have played a major role. These too will be signed off by one of the candidate's sponsors. And the Oral Assessment examination of the candidate will address the details of these engagements to ensure the candidate meets the standards of consulting experience.

I am new to the profession. Can CMC-Canada help me find appropriate sponsors?

Yes we can! Through our extensive list of members across Canada, we can match you with CMCs in your area.

How long does it take to earn the CMC designation?

This depends partly on your Stream and how much time you can commit to earning your CMC. Typically, once you have the required years of experience, it takes a few months to a year to complete the certification requirements.

How do I know which "Stream" I am?

You can find information on the different Streams here. Contact us for more details.

Can't find what you're looking for? Please contact us!

T: 416-860-1515 | Toll Free: 800-268-1148
E: consulting@cmc-canada.ca