Dynamic and interactive, the Essentials of Management Consulting (EMC) course is valuable to management consultants wanting to deliver superior value to their clients, to anyone who is considering becoming a management consultant, and to any member who is pursuing the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
The Essentials of Management Consulting focuses on three core consulting competencies:
- Helping clients assess their current situation, including the business challenges and opportunities they can address to improve upon the present.
- Helping clients develop strategies for growth and development.
- Helping clients address change management processes while implementing recommendations.
To develop your strengths in these areas, the course covers:
- The five stages of the consulting process and the deliverables associated with each stage.
- Introduction to consulting tools and techniques used during the various stages of the consulting process especially in Diagnosis and Action Planning.
- The importance of considering all six functional areas of organization management (Human Resources, Strategic Planning, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, and Marketing) during a consulting assignment.
- Teamwork using Tuckman's forming, storming, norming, performing (and adjourning) model, including teambuilding tools and techniques and opportunities for both co-located and virtual teamwork activities.
- Client Communications, including simulated milestone presentations and meetings with a client and key written reports associated with the consulting process.
- Change Management, including tools and techniques related to assessing change readiness and understanding absorptive capacity.
Essentials of Management Consulting is a required course to become a Certified Management Consultants (CMC). To learn more about becoming a CMC, click here.
This course is taught by Sheila Carruthers, MBA, CMC
Lunch will be provided.
733 Beatty Street, Vancouver BC
Cancellations received in writing on or before September 23, 2019 will be refunded the full amount. After September 23, 2019 a $200 administrative fee will apply for cancellation or transfer to an alternate course.