Marilyn Friedmann, CMC
Marilyn has 30 years of experience in management consulting, coaching, organizational leadership, marketing and fundraising. She consults on community investment, strategic planning, corporate responsibility, stakeholder engagement, multi-stakeholder partnerships, revenue development, fundraising strategy, marketing strategy and product / service innovation. Marilyn provides coaching services in the areas of Executive & Leadership Coaching,Career Management & Transition and Life Transitions.
Marilyn is a Certified Management Consultant* and accredited Partnership Broker
(through the Partnership Brokers Association, UK.) An experienced public speaker and educator on corporate responsibility and cross-sector partnerships, she has a passion for connecting community investment programs and businesses to create shared value.
As a senior leader in the not-for-profit sector, Marilyn has served as
· Director of Corporate Development & Cause Marketing for CAMH Foundation
· Chief Development Officer for United Way of Peel Region
· Vice President of Development for World Vision Canada
Some of the cross-sector partnershipsshe has brokered include:
· CAMH and Shoppers Drug Mart
· World Vision Canada and Barrick Gold
· World Vision Canada and Zenon Environmental (now part of GE)
· Plan Canada and IAMGOLD.
As a management consultant her non-profit clients have included:
· War Child Canada
· 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Am Games
· Yonge Street Mission
· MIAG Centre for Diverse Women & Families
· United Way of Peel Region
· MEDA (Mennonite Economic Development Associates)
· CBSR (Canadian Business for Social Responsibility)
· CCI (Canadian Crossroads International)
· Opportunity International Canada
· ICA Canada
· PDAC (Prospectors and Developers Association)
· Plan International Canada
· World Vision Canada
Marilyn has also served as a marketing and community investment consultant to:
· Maple Leaf Foods
· Starbucks Canada
· Whirlpool Appliances
· Sun Life Financial
· The Campbell Soup Company
· Bestfoods Canada Inc., now part of Unilever.
Marilyn is a member of the Association of Fundraising Professionals, Canadian Association of Management Consultants and The Partnership Brokers Association. Marilyn served on the Board of Directors of MicroSkills. Earlier in her career, she held marketing management roles with Mattel Canada, Manulife Financial and Nestle Foods.