Dynamic and interactive, the Essentials of Management Consulting (EMC) course is valuable to management consultants wanting to deliver superior value to their clients, to anyone who is considering becoming a management consultant, and to any member who is pursuing the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation.
The Essentials of Management Consulting focuses on three core consulting competencies:
- Helping clients assess their current situation, including the business challenges and opportunities they can address to improve upon the present.
- Helping clients develop strategies for growth and development.
- Helping clients address change management processes while implementing recommendations.
To develop your strengths in these areas, the course covers:
- The five stages of the consulting process and the deliverables associated with each stage.
- Introduction to consulting tools and techniques used during the various stages of the consulting process especially in Diagnosis and Action Planning.
- The importance of considering all six functional areas of organization management (Human Resources, Strategic Planning, Finance, Operations, Information Technology, and Marketing) during a consulting assignment.
- Teamwork using Tuckman's forming, storming, norming, performing (and adjourning) model, including teambuilding tools and techniques and opportunities for both co-located and virtual teamwork activities.
- Client Communications, including simulated milestone presentations and meetings with a client and key written reports associated with the consulting process.
- Change Management, including tools and techniques related to assessing change readiness and understanding absorptive capacity.
Essentials of Management Consulting is a required course to become a Certified Management Consultants (CMC). To learn more about becoming a CMC, click here.
This course is taught by Murray Kronick, FCMC, Ron Brophy, CMC and Peter Milsom, FCMC.
Date: June 6 - 8, 2019
Start: 9:00 am
Finish: 5:00 pm
BDO Consulting, 180 Kent Street, 17th Floor, Ottawa, ON
Cancellations received in writing on or before May 23, 2019, will be refunded the full amount. After May 23, a $200 administrative fee will apply for cancellation or transfer to an alternate course.