All signs point to a redistributing of wealth, jobs, and transition to a new breed of PM. Prepare yourself.
This four hour presentation, in the form of a conversational executive “fire side” chat, is designed to:
- Demystify Blockchain concepts and terminology like cybermining, Bitcoin, and ICOs. Create awareness of the industry impact of online trust through auto executing contracts built on immutable transaction records. Create insight into the root benefit arising from a new standard of behavior.
- Understand the shift in power arising from this benefit, with the view from a York Region case study. The IT and business case study describes an emerging cross-industry “super ecosystem” (e.g. finance, energy and privacy), as a global gateway to Artificial Intelligence (AI), Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR / AR) accelerating change and financial impact to Ontario.
- Receive hints on how you and your project team may adopt blockchain benefits to protect and position yourself for this world-wide phenomenon, where Toronto is a ground-zero municipality zone.
This is an expert lecture with two insider speakers intending to:
- Demystify key terminology like blockchain, distributed ledger technology (DLT), smart contracts, cybermining, Bitcoin, ICO, and e-currency.
- Learn why and how trust and immutability are impacting the next generation of IT and governance
- Appreciate the sweeping impact of blockchain on PM and how to prepare for that.
- Review popular use cases to illustrate the emerging blockchain “super ecosystem” (e.g. financial, energy, IoT, AI)
Dave D’Silva helps executives gain blockchain benefits through their PMO. Dave’s PMI and blockchain background grew out of his tenure as a PMI Southern Ontario Chapter PMO Community Chair, and technical founder of McKinsey’s www.pricemetrix.com, today tracking $6 trillion in investment assets. Dave’s latest startup is www.ipowercoin.com, an AI IoT energy blockchain lab. Working with York University, this SmartCities lab for climate change began as cybersecurity support for the Ryerson Aerospace clean energy research project www.quantumfusion.ca. Dave is raising awareness and funds as a www.bitcoinnorth.ca co-founding conference speaker. Dave has a BMath degree from the University of Waterloo, where he met Bill Gates and launched www.imsg.ca. Connect with Dave at www.linkedin.com/in/davedsilva.
Don Sheppard is an independent consultant and writer based in Toronto. Don has been an Information Technology and communications engineer, manager and consultant for over forty years. He is currently President of ConCon Management Services. Don has authored numerous whitepapers, developed and presented various courses and seminars, co-authored a book and was an award-winning blogger for IT World Canada. Currently, Don writes monthly articles on emerging technologies for InsightaaS. Don is known for his long-term support for and participation in developing ISO standards for open systems interconnection, banking telecommunications messages and, more recently, cloud computing and blockchain.
Fees: (subject to HST)
PMI Toronto Members (login prior to registering) - $50.00
Non-Members and Guests - $70.00
PMI Toronto Members $40
Non-Members - $50
CMC-Canada Members receive a 20% discount. At registration, please use this code: GTISIMPACT616