CMC-Canada / Members in the News
- October 18, 2018 – CMC-Canada Members Sweep Top Honours at 2018 International Constantinus Awards, Showcasing Excellence in Management Consulting. Read more.
- October 17, 2018 – Dwight Mihalicz elected as new ICMCI Chair, the first Canadian to hold the position since 1993. Read more.
- August 17, 2018 – Business Link features a profile of CMC-Alberta's Back to Business Coaching Program—Regional Municipality of Wood Buffalo in its Connector Newsletter. Read More
- July 6, 2018 – CMC-Canada Announces Canadian Nominations for 2018 International Constantinus Awards, Showcasing Excellence in Management Consulting
– Media Release
- July 2, 2018 – CMC-Canada joins CMC-Global in Celebrating the First Year of ISO 20700:
- June 7, 2018 – Global Management Consulting Professional Body Celebrates International Consultants’ Day
– CMC-Global (formerly ICMCI) in unison with its members and management consultants from around the world, including founding member CMC-Canada, recognizes and celebrates today as ‘International Consultants’ Day’. Read our Media Release.
- June 5, 2018 – EU's General Data Protection Regulations
- The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force May 25, 2018 and it will have a significant impact on Canadian businesses. You can find a useful roadmap to compliance in this Financial Post article and tips to get your business in tune with GDPR in this Globe and Mail piece. Also, PwC U.S. has a useful GDPR primer that you can read here.
- May 28, 2018 – May Advocacy Update – Tax Changes Affecting Small Businesses
- CMC-Canada is a member of the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness – a unified voice of close to 80 organizations across the country who oppose the federal government’s tax proposals that dramatically change the way incorporated small businesses are taxed in Canada. The Coalition – on behalf of hundreds of thousands of its members – recently deployed two new letters:
- April 30, 2018 – CBC Weekend Business Panel with CMC Jenifer Bartman
- CMC Jenifer Bartman joined John Northcott and Elmer Kim for CBC News Network’s Weekend Business Panel for a discussion on millennial real estate trends and Canadian markets closing early due to technical issues. Read a summary of the discussion.
- March 28, 2018 – Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness is asking finance minister Bill Morneau to take more action on the government’s proposed tax changes
- The Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness, a unified voice of more than 70 organizations representing hundreds of thousands of business owners across the country (including CMC-Canada members), outlined today the need for further important fixes to small business tax changes. Read the Coalition’s new letter to Finance Minister Morneau and accompanying press release.
- March 28, 2018 – New Partnership: CMC-Canada and University of Toronto, Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering
- The Canadian Association of Management Consultants (CMC-Canada) is pleased to announce a new partnership with the University of Toronto’s Faculty of Applied Science and Engineering. The initial objective is to prepare students within U of T’s Master’s of Engineering (MEng) programme for a career in management consulting, and the Certified Management Consultant (CMC) designation. Learn more.
- March 3, 2018 – Federal Budget Tightens Tax Rules for Small Businesses and Passive Income
- With the recent Federal Government budget announcement, Noreen Irvine CMC (President of CMC-Alberta), co-presented at the EDCE Entrepreneurial Development Conference on what to expect from the changes to tax rules for small businesses and passive income rules. Read the presentation here.
- February 19, 2018 – How to Change Arts Leadership in Canada: An Insider’s Perspective - CMC Rosalyn Rubenstein, Principal of Rubenstein & Associates, recently had an article featured in the Globe and Mail: “How to change arts leadership in Canada: An insider’s perspective.” Read it here.
- February 14, 2018 – READ: Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness feedback on revised tax proposals - The Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness, a unified voice of more than 70 organizations representing hundreds of thousands of business owners across the country (including CMC-Canada members), has written a new letter to Finance Minister Bill Morneau. The letter (along with supplementary examples) raises concerns about the recently announced changes to income splitting rules for families and upcoming changes to passive investment rules. Read the Letter (English / French) and the accompanying News Release (English / French).
- February, 9, 2018 – CMC Dr. Richard LeBlanc: Wynn Resorts may need to rebrand - CMC Dr. Richard LeBlanc, corporate governance professor at York University, recently joined BNN to provide perspective on the Steve Wynn misconduct claims, what could be next for Wynn Resorts, and the company board's role in all of this. Watch the video.
- February, 2018 – CBC Weekend Business Panel with CMC Jenifer Bartman - CMC Jenifer Bartman joined Natasha Fatah and Elmer Kim for CBC News Network’s Weekend Business Panel for a discussion on space exploration, the cost of raising the next generation of olympic athletes, and more. Read a summary of the discussion.
- January 18, 2018 – First CIO Blockchain Professional Certification Issued in Canada - TransformationWorx, CIO Association of Canada, and the Institute of Certified Management Consultants of Ontario (CMC-Ontario) announced today that certifications will be issued next week to the world's first CIO Certified Blockchain Professionals (CCBP). The program is dedicated to Application of Blockchain to Business. Learn more.
- January 15, 2018 – Blockchain and Real Estate - Blockchain technology is starting to transform many different sectors, and Real Estate is no exception. FCMC Sheila Botting (Deloitte Canada) weighs in on the impact of blockchain in real estate in this Globe and Mail article.
- January, 2018 – CBC Weekend Business Panel with CMC Jenifer Bartman - CMC Jenifer Bartman joined John Northcott and Elmer Kim for CBC News Network’s Weekend Business Panel for a discussion on NAFTA and more. Read a summary of the discussion.
- December 14, 2017 – NEW: Tax Coalition welcomes Senate recommendations, remains concerned with income sprinkling rules - The legislation on income sprinkling released by Finance Minister Bill Morneau this week, while a step towards clarity, still represents an administrative and financial burden for a number of small businesses and the families that own them. Read the latest news release from the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness, a unified voice of now almost 80 organizations, including CMC-Canada, representing hundreds of thousands of business owners across the country. Read the News Release.
- November 22, 2017 – READ: CMC-Canada's Third Letter to Minister Morneau - Despite the federal government’s partial adjustments to its small business tax changes, business groups are still troubled about the potential negative effects the revised proposals will have on small and medium-sized firms. The concerns are spelled-out in a new letter to Finance Minister Bill Morneau by the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness, a unified voice of now almost 80 organizations, including CMC-Canada, representing hundreds of thousands of business owners across the country. Read the Letter (English or French) and the News Release.
- October 2, 2017 – READ: CMC-Canada's Response to Department of Finance Canada - As part of our ongoing efforts in opposition of the federal government's tax proposals announced on July 18, 2017, CMC-Canada has submitted a detailed response on behalf of its members to Finance Minister Morneau.
We're asking that the federal government reflect on both the substance of the tax proposals and the strategy it used to launch them. And we've respectfully requested that the current proposals be halted until all our members' concerns have been addressed and a comprehensive review of the Canadian tax system is successfully undertaken, with a view toward fairness and simplification for all taxpayers. Read the submission. See more submissions on the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness website.
- September 26-27, 2017 – Growing coalition confirms tax proposals will affect middle-class business owners - The Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness, a unified voice of more than 70 organizations representing hundreds of thousands of business owners across the country (including CMC-Canada), has written a new letter to Finance Minister Bill Morneau with professional analysis confirming that Ottawa’s tax proposals will affect middle-class business owners, resulting in higher tax rates than other Canadians with similar income levels. Read the letter in English / French, as well as the news release (English / French) sent out by the coalition, which includes a quote from our National Board Vice-Chair (interim), Leigh Harris:
- “We are fully supportive of the government’s pledge to advance evidence-based policy-making. Our members are concerned that the government’s proposed changes to small business taxes are not sufficiently informed by the level of research, analysis and consultation required to ensure a full appreciation of the impacts this will have on Canadians - not just entrepreneurs and small business owners but also on the overall health of the Canadian economy and competitiveness in the short and long term.” — Leigh Harris, Vice Chair (Interim) National Board of Directors, CMC-Canada
- August 30, 2017 – CMC-Canada’s Response to Finance Minister Morneau’s Proposed Tax Changes - CMC-Canada has joined the Coalition for Small Business Tax Fairness, a group of now 70+ organizations from across the country, unified in opposition of the federal government’s tax proposals that would dramatically change the way incorporated small businesses are taxed in Canada. These business groups — on behalf of the hundreds of thousands of members — have presented a letter to Finance Minister Bill Morneau asking the government to take these proposals off the table and instead meet with the business community to address any shortcomings in tax policy affecting private corporations. You can read the letter here in English or French.
- You can also read the media advisory sent out by the coalition in English or French.
- Colin McAllister, CMC, managing partner at Perspect, joined BNN to discuss these proposed tax changes and how they could impact small business owners. To watch the video, click the image below:
- CMC-Canada's letter to the editor in response to a Globe & Mail article on the consultant's role in executive compensation. Globe and Mail "There is a fundamental misunderstanding of the role of the compensation consultant vis-a-vis the client."... Read more
Connect with Us
Trying to find an expert on a consulting related topic?
Director, Marketing & Communications
Tel: 416-860-1515/1-800-268-1148 x205
Past Press Releases
Download the latest media kit here.
Advertise with Us
Get the details on advertising opportunities here.