A Message from the Executive Director, Donna Ringrose
Hello and Happy New Year. I hope you are all doing well.
I wanted to begin by thanking you all for your continued support and commitment to your association during these challenging times. Amidst our “stay at home” reality, this organization has come together and experienced meaningful progression, from coast-to-coast, in promoting the CMC designation, evolving the consulting profession, and growing our membership. Time and time again, we have demonstrated our willingness and desire to collaborate and advance our agendas while maintaining the integrity of our organization and of the CMC designation.
As a result of this hard work and dedication of our National Board, Certifying Institutes, Committees, and the National Office Team, our organization has experienced its highest renewal rate in years and we remain focused and enthusiastic in continuing to bring you the very best value and experience for your membership dollar.
During this past year, we have realized incredible achievements as our team worked productively and effectively to add member value through the development and implementation of several new programs, products, and services to enhance every aspect of the organization and your member experience.
A few highlights:
- Update of the Essentials of Management Consulting (EMC) course – instructing CMC candidates and corporate clients with modernized, high-quality materials focusing on a higher level of management consulting embodying the integrity of the CMC designation.
- NEW CMC-Canada Career Centre – expanding member opportunities and highlighting our members' expertise
- NEW CMC-Communities – providing a space for members to connect, engage, and consult on shared interests
- Top quality guests, engaging topics, and high participation at Certifying Institute events, such as: Third Thursdays, What’s Up Wednesdays, Virtual Happy Hour, Sask Consulting Network, Book Club, CMC-Atlantic's Insight Series, and our participation in JDC West.
- NEW Mentorship Program – strengthening the consulting industry and profession as a whole by encouraging members, prospects and students to connect, engage and learn from each other.
- NEW CMC-Canada Podcast – providing consultants, business leaders, and up and coming consultants with great insight on the profession, elite thought leadership, impactful case studies, and everyday experiences.
What’s to Come – 2022
You will recall that just over a year ago, the National Board invested in thoroughly examining our strategic priorities and goals and a clear dashboard of focus areas was established. As we head into year two of this comprehensive strategy, CMC-Canada, in collaboration with Certifying Institutes, continues to execute its effective and ambitious action plan to achieve our common objectives: Promote, Evolve, and Grow.
In closing, I invite you to stay connected to your association through attending an event, tuning into the Podcast or engaging in a member Community. Become a Mentor – make a difference in someone’s career. Set the Standard – advocate for the designation that exhibits excellence. Get involved through your Institute, a committee, or by writing a blog post. Finally, make some noise on your social channels by recognizing a colleague’s achievement, welcoming a new CMC to the community, or by sharing a professional development opportunity that your co-worker's would benefit from taking.
As our outgoing Chair Leigh Harris stated in her AGM address, “the possibilities are limitless when we work together and I am inspired and fueled everyday by the incredible caliber of members and volunteers among our ranks.”
I share this inspiration and I look forward to uncovering the endless possibilities with you all in our continued work together.
We are just getting started!